Chris Carlin To Host

By / January 4, 2009 / Uncategorized

Apparently the Mets have not heard the gold old saying of, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.

They decided to take Lee Mazzilli and Matt Yallof out as hosts of the pre- and post-game shows. Their replacements? Mazz will be replaced by Bobby Ojeda and Yallof will be replaced by Loudmouth Chris Carlin.

This is not smart if you ask me. Plus, to be perfectly honest, I hate the fact that now the Mets have the attitude of, “Let’s give all of the ’86 Mets a job”.

I mean, really? Give me a break! I loved the ’86 Mets as much as any other Mets fan, but that does not mean they will be great as hosts or in any other part of the organization. They were good players and leave it at that.

As for Carlin, he should just stick with the Loudmouths. I love him on that show. I do not see him being great for a pre- or post-game host. Why not add Jason Schwartz, whom I loathe, while you are at it? I will go on record that if the Mets did do that, I will not watch it. I would boycott.

I am saying it now, this will not work!

JDawgsthe 1

What!!! There moving Super Mazzzz out of the booth!!!! He’s my all time favorite Met!!!!

Maz is my all time favorite, and when i learned he was being let go, i was pissed. I had the pleasure of meeting Mazzilli outside the SNY studios in 07 and the guy is a class act. He signed my Mets throwback jersey with his # on it, he also signed a baseball for me too. Maz even took me inside SNY for a quick look. A thrill for me to say the least. I agree with you that there was nothing wrong with Yallof and Maz. SNY should’ve left this one alone.

SCL

In my opinion, Yallof was a good host and should have been kept, while Maz had very little interesting to say and I’d like to see someone else in that spot – let’s see what Bobby O can do…

Jorge

Yalof and Mazz worked well together and now SNY gives us this? Carlin and Ojeda? Ojeda left the organization over disagreements on pitching philosophy or he wasn’t too crazy about then pitching coach Rick Peterson having much influence within the Mets. I mean even Chris Cotter left for FOX Business. UGH!!!

Does anybody even watch the pre and post game shows???? It doesn’t bother me as much, I like Carlin, I think he is funny. I loved Mazz however. He gives great insight to the game. The Mets didn’t fire their manager, nor GM, nor can they change their play by play guys, and with two consective collapses, I guess someone had to go. We’ll miss you Mazz, hardly knew ya yallof.

I liked Mazz. Since he was a manager, he gave a manager’s insight to the game and the moves the Mets made. I really do not like this new set up.

I preferred Maz as well, but I won’t pass judgment on Carlin and Ojeda until I actually see them work together. I agree with Tanya on SNY and the Mets giving all of the ’86 Mets jobs. Imagine if they hired Lenny Dykstra to slur his way through a pre-game show! Darling, Hernandez and Mazzilli have excellent minds for the game. Gary Carter is also cerebral when he’s not up on his “hire me as your manager” platform. Anyone else from the ’86 team doesn’t stand out as being good for the SNY team.