Exclusive: Ramirez Wants To Be A Met

By / January 26, 2009 / Offseason

Manny Ramirez is waiting on the Mets, according to one of my sources.

He met Manny at a club in Miami. This source told Manny he needs to come to the Mets. Pretty much the same thing most Mets fans are saying and wanting.

Manny’s response, “I want to come to New York. I want to come to the Mets. I am waiting for them to make me an offer.”

My source said he had the feeling Manny does not want to go back to LA.

My interpretation is Manny would come to the Mets if they made him the same deal that LA did. If he wants to come so bad, take it.

Great work on this one Tanya. Now on to Manny, this needs to happen and it’ll be good for both the Mets and Manny. Adding such a bat to the lineup will give the Mets the best lineup in the NL..just look at this powerpack lineup. 1-Reyes 2-Castillo 3-Wright 4-Ramirez 5-Beltran 6-Delgado 7-Church/Murphy 8-Schneider/Castro 9-Pitcher..how sick is this lineup ?!? Delgado is batting 6th !?! If Manny likes NY and the Mets so much then he needs to tell Bora$ to ‘make me a Met’. This is such a no brainer for both Manny and the Mets..Let’s get it done, after all he does want to come home.

Danny

We need a power hitter like Manny his numbers says it all unlike ARod he is Clutch!!!!!!!

Tom

who wrote this article? all they say is ‘my source said’ who is your source? ken rosenthal or pee-wee herman? how do we know you’re even credible? citi field of dreams? never heard of it.

Well now you have, Tom. Welcome to the site. And, yes, I am credible.

I’ve been writing for various blog sites, including Mets Merized Online and Bleacher Report. As for my source, I’m not obligated to reveal that. It’s called an exclusive for a reason. Nobody else wrote this.

I always check my facts over and over before reporting anything. If I didn’t, nobody would come to my site or read my articles on the other sites.

Newspaper articles and blogs have unnamed sources all the time. It’s nothing new. If a writer reveals his/her source whenever a big news story hits, then sometimes that source becomes part of the news story, which was never the intention of the writer to begin with. Tanya is an excellent writer who provides us with up-to-the-minute information and insight. She has no need to make up a story just to attract more readership. Her writing does the attracting for her.

I second what Ed said. Tanya is the cream of the crop and her talent is what brings us back to this site over and over again. With what she’s doing with this site i’m sure she knows lots of people in right places who give her the 411. As for you ‘ Tom ‘ who are you ? Give me a break dude. Why don’t you and Pee Wee Herman go to the gym together and shut up !

Tom

if you were the real cream of the crop you would respond to my posts rather than delete them. you should have no credibility.

Again who are you tom ? Let me ask you a question Tommy Boy ok….if the NY Post or the News quotes an unnamed source on a big story on a big free agent that says he would want to play for the Mets are you gonna storm to their office and demand to know who their source is ? If the same report is on WFAN are you gonna run to kufman studios in astoria asking for the name of the source ? In the field of work Tanya does, you gotta know people in the right places and Tommy Boy i hate to break it to you but Tanya knows people in the right places. She’s the REAL DEAL and that’s why myself and many others go to this site. Because she tells it like it is. No B.S. so you need to get back to whatever you were doing with Pee Wee. Do me a favor and just enjoy this site. It really is one of the top Mets sites you’ll ever find. ok Tommy Boy…

Tom

i’m a fan. i don’t have a website so who cares who i am? the fact is i don’t trust anybody in the media. for all i know this is scott boras’ niece trying to stir up some manny hype to try and get LA to bite harder against themselves. I don’t trust WFAN either. theres a report today, about francesa’s past claim of church not liking NY, that turned out to not be true. so fact is, i don’t trust anyone in the media. this is why i question them. apparently i’m a bad guy for questioning and not trusting bloggers and the media. sue me. p.s. calm down and stop calling me boy. i’m probably older than you

Tom