Single Game Ticket Information

By / January 27, 2009 / Uncategorized

I spoke with two people over at the Sh…er…Citi Field ticket office. So weird to say that.

I asked them about when the single game tickets will go on sale and if opening day and the subway series will be a part of that.

Here’s what they told me.

While there is no exact date in place, it will be around the end of February and the beginning of March.

Opening day and Subway Series tickets will not be a part of  it. Those will be going only in the lottery like last year. I know, it sucks!

When I find anything else, I will let you all know.

Thanks for the info, Tanya! You’ve got to be in it to win it! Good luck to everyone who doesn’t have opening day and subway series tickets in the lottery! Where’s that “little bit of luck” guy from the commercials?

Tony Lee

I always wanted to go Mets/Yankees game. Because todays economy and my status (I have a stroke), i would like to go for free.

Tony Lee

dyhrdmet

Most of this does not surprise me. They’ll continue to do the lottery for premium games forever. And the way they’ve handled tickets for 2009 going back to season ticket plan transfers, it doesn’t surprise me that they don’t have a firm date (yet) for tickets being on sale.

what I am a bit curious about is the tickets for the first exhibition game against the Red Sox before opening day. I wouldn’t know how to rank that one against the regular season’s opening day (we could debate that all day).

dyhrdmet

dyhrdmet

I’m also curious about what the fans think about the first exhibition game versus the first regular season game. i know it’s part of the full season ticket package.

The only great thing about the exhibition game is it allows you to go into Citi Field before Opening Day. I doubt there will be any hoopla around it. Most fans would rather go in on Opening Day.

Personally, I want both.

dyhrdmet

Personally, I want both.

dyhrdmet

It’s a good alternative to being at the opening day in the 2nd week of the season. At least that’s my opinion. the group that I split season tickets with hasn’t decided on how to handle the exhibition games yet (we have ‘premium game’ rules for the standard premium games in our ticket draft).

let the debate begin!