Utley “The Humble One”?

By / February 21, 2009 / Uncategorized

I tend to remember other people’s plays before I remember mine.

That is what Chase Utley had to say to reporters when they were asking him about his play in Game 5 during the World Series. He continued on about his play by saying this:

That was one of those situations where I was lucky enough to glove it, the guy took a big turn and there you go.”

Did he say he was lucky? Where is his arrogance?

When asked about his injury going down the stretch last season, he said the following:

The last thing I wanted to be was a distraction, especially at the end of the year when we were playing so well.

I always felt like I had an opportunity to help the team. Not every day I helped, but I felt like I had a small part in that at least.

It’s a learning experience, but we got through it.

Now, before you cut out a piece of humble pie for him, let’s run down some facts.

Utley is the man (and I use the term loosely) who cursed out New York fans at the beginning of the All-Star game because they booed him.

He is also the person who said “We are the (bleep)ing champions” during the Phillies championship parade.

Do I really need to say anymore? Not really!

Not only is he not humble, he is the most classless and as(s)inine individual I have had the privilege to never meet. Maybe I should he’s had the privilege to never meet me.

To say I hate him is a strong (yet quite possibly accurate) thing to say. I detest and loathe him. I would rather root for the (gasp) Yankees if it came down to a World Series with those two teams.

Chase Utley has never been humble. He’s always been arrogant and just plain full of himself.

My message to Utley:

One play does not a champion make. Show some class, you pompous jerk.

I wish one of the Mets pitchers would bean him in the @$$ this season. If that doesn’t happen, I wish one of the players would take him out at second base during a double play attempt. It’s too bad we have to wait until May for this to happen. Dang schedule makers!

It would be great to see a bench-clearing incident between the Mets and Philthies, especially if Cole Hamels is on the mound. Wouldn’t it be great if he ran away the way Guillermo Mota was running away from Mike Piazza in that spring training game a few years ago? (By the way, I know this is an Utley blog, but I think Mets fans should derisively chant Hamels’ real first name the way they do for Chipper Jones. Imagine the whole stadium saying “Colbert, Colbert!”)

Man i’ll be the first to get all of Citi Field to chant ”Colbert” ”Colbert” with a name like that…Larry is nothing…what were his parents thinking ? Lmao !

Jeff

This year is not going to be pretty for both teams. The Mets have already promised that bench clearings will happen and shit is gonna do down.

If I’m at that game I’m going to run on the field and beat the crap out of Jason Werth, and then use his severed arms to kill Cole Hamels and Brad Lidge.

Wow! I thought the thoughts that I had was seriously twisted. lol You have officially taken over the top spot as biggest Phillies hater that I know.

Yet you forgot about Utley, Rollins and Howard. Those boys need to be beaten into nonexistence. Bloody trouble makers. lol

I want the head of the Phillie Phanatic…lol. It’s gonna get real nasty between these two teams. All it’ll take is one high inside fastball or a batter to get hit..to get the fireworks started.

PHILLIESPOREVER

YOU MET FANS ARE CHOCKING MORE THAN YOUR METS TEAM CHOCKED THE PAST TWO SEASONS. UTLEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE “MVP” IF DIDENT INJURE HIS HIP ! I CAN SEE IT NOW MVP-2006-RYAN HOWARD (PHIL), MVP-2007-JIMMIE (J ROLL) ROLLINS (PHIL), MVP-2008-CHASE UTLEY (PHIL). EAT YOUR HEART METS FANS. THE ONLY WAY THE METS GET INTO A WORLD SERIES IS TO BUY A TICKET. OCTOBER IN PHILADELPHIA, CHEESE STEAKS, SOFT PRETZELS, AND THE WORLD SERIES ! LIFE IS GOOD !!!

Oh look! We have a Phillies fan coming to the site. How cute! Seriously, the Mets did not choke in ’08. It happened in ’07. They got hit with injuries going down the stretch. That is not called choking. Otherwise, it would’ve been the Mets in the postseason and not the Phils.

That’s true, Tanya. With all the talk about other Philthies, no one ever mentions Howard on these comments. The Mets could probably try to buzz him high and inside but he’d probably still take a swing and miss it.

PHILLIESPOREVER

TANYA, YOUR CUTE TOO, BORDERING ON “HOT” ! THE METS HAD A 2+ GAME LEAD OVER THOSE BELOVED “WORLD CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” IN SEPTEMBER THAT THEY CHOKED ON. THEN THEY CHOKED ON THE WILD CARD AS WELL.. I’M SURE THE METS WOULD RATHER HAVE THAT *ALL-STAR* UTLEY AT SECOND RATHER THAN LUIS (6.25 MILL) CASTILLO. THE NAME OF THIS BLOG FOR MET FANS THINKING ABOUT A CHAMPIONSHIP SHOULD BE “IN YOUR DREAMS” RATHER THAN “FIELD OF DREAMS”

How could I tell that was a Philthies fan commenting? Maybe because the “h” was left out of PHILLIESPHOREVER. I think recess is over so you can go back to class now.

PHILLIESPOREVER

ED, IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE ?
I DIDNT LEAVE OUT THE ” H ” IN

WORLD SERIES C”H”AMPION P”H”ILADELPHIA P”H”IILLIES !!!

EAT YOUR “H”EART OUT METS FANS !!!1

PHILLIESPOREVER

ED, IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE ?
I DIDNT LEAVE OUT THE ” H ” IN

WORLD SERIES C”H”AMPION P”H”ILADELPHIA P”H”IILLIES !!!

EAT YOUR “H”EART OUT METS FANS !!!1

Utley may not be classy. But he is a darn good baseball player. He scares me more than any other Phil because he doesn’t have a weakness. Howard, pitch him hard and in, you can get him out. Rollins had one great year, he is a good SS but not a stud. Utley is a stud. I wouldn’t call him humble or classy, but he is good!

Colbert, that is classic. I love that. Both teams don’t like each other. That is good. The mets need a little fire in their bellys. The Phils are the champs. Only one way to shut them up. Beat them. I don’t like the word choke. But, the mets did not get the job done. I can’t wait for baseball.

Tanya, Philliesp(H)orever did say one thing I agree with. You are hot!

lol Thanks Nilvio!

Nobody is denying Utley is not a good player. He’s just arrogant and pompous. I think he would’ve made a nice addition to the Yankees. Then again, because the Yankees are a New York team, I will not insult them. They have enough on their hands with A-Rod.

Tanya, Philliesp(H)orever did say one thing I agree with. You are hot!

lol Thanks Nilvio!

PHILLIESPHOREVER

TANYA , NO WONDER THE METS CAN’T WIN ! YOU WANT THEM TO BE “SIMPLE AND UNPRETENTIOUS” . ITS NOT “BRAGGING” WHEN YOU CAN IT !

MET FANS DON’T ONLY HAVE A “PHILLIES” INFERIOR COMPLEX, BUT IT EXTENDS TO THE “YANKEES” AS WELL ! IT MUST BE TOUGH TO BE SECOND IN 2 TEAM TOWN !

TANYA, DON’T BE THANKING NIILVIO, I’M THE ONE THAT SAID YOU WERE HOT, GRANTED BORDERLINE, BUT HOT !

PHILLIESPHOREVER

Phillies, you must not live near Philadelphia. The Phils are the number 3 team in that town. The only reason people started to care about Philadelphia was because the Mets began a rivalry with them. It is sad when 40 percent of the people in attendance at Citizen bank are met fans. As of now, the Phils are the World Champs. I don’t have an inferior complex. If Werth can have another career year and Lidge not blow a save, then the Phils will be another great team. I just don’t think that will happen.

Lmao….Phillies fans are like Roger from American Dad..they always make me laugh. Look the Phillies before 07 were the number 3 team in Philly..behind the Eagles and Flyers and even with their World Series Championship they’re still behind the Eagles. Here in NY we’re a baseball town. Mets and Yankees 365 days all year. we don’t have a ”Single White Female” thing with the Phillies. That’s all you Phillies fans and players. You guys cannot stop talking about the Mets. Cole Hamels just yesterday on Wip radio was talking crap about the Mets again. Single White Female once again ! Oh yeah…Of course you would think Tanya is Cute/Hot…she’s better than any female Philly fan, and she sure knows a lot about baseball..and that’s hot too.

NYR NYM 4 LIFE
ON WHAT BASIS DO YOU JUSTIFY THE EAGLES AHEAD OF THOSE
“WORLD SERIES CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” ?
I LOVE THE SOUND OF THAT, DON’T YOU ?

YOU STATE THAT NY IS A BASEBALL TOWN, BUT EVEN YOU PUT “NYR”
( NY RANGERS ) FIRST IN YOUR PSEUDO NAME ! BY THE WAY, HOWS THAT WORKING FOR YOU ?

WE KNOW THAT NY DOSENT HAVE ANY FOOTBALL TEAMS. OH, SORRY, I FORGOT ABOUT THE “BUFFALO BILLS” !

I SAID THAT TANYA WAS “CUTE” AND “BORDERLINE HOT”.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE “‘CUTE/HOT” TOGETHER IN A “WORLD SERIES CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” SETTING GO TO THE “WORLD SERIES CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” SITE (WWW.PHILLIES.COM) AND CHECKOUT THE “BALLGIRLS” ! BY THE WAY DO THE METS STILL HAVE THOSE OLD FAT GUYS ON THE FOUL LINES ?

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO SHUT HAMMELS UP, BEAT HIM ! TILL THEN, STOP WHINING ! I HATE TO SEE A GROWN MAN CRY !

NYR NYM 4 LIFE
ON WHAT BASIS DO YOU JUSTIFY THE EAGLES AHEAD OF THOSE
“WORLD SERIES CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” ?
I LOVE THE SOUND OF THAT, DON’T YOU ?

YOU STATE THAT NY IS A BASEBALL TOWN, BUT EVEN YOU PUT “NYR”

I SAID THAT TANYA WAS “CUTE” AND “BORDERLINE HOT”.

Ha ha ha ! Phillies Dude..you’re missing my point. You and other Phillies fans and players have the ”Single white female” thing when it comes to the Mets. Phillies fans will say ”Mets suck” before saying ”Lets go Phillies”. And then you have guys like Colbert Hamels on WIP radio a few days ago saying the Mets choked. Come on !!!…Phillies dude ! Yes you are the Champs..congrats to you. But you guys being the Champs should talk about lets see….The Phillies ! Gee what a concept. But as always you guys gotta talk about the Mets. Now as for the Eagles..you know that Philly is a Eagles town..always has always will. And me having NYR before NYM gee could it be first because it’s Hockey season now ?! Dude enjoy your championship because it’ll be one and done for your Phillies.

NYR NYM 4 EVER

HEY DUDE
YOUR WORDS “‘HERE IN NY WE’RE A BASEBALL TOWN. METS AND YANKEES 365 DAYS A YEAR”.
ARE THE NY RANGERS PLAYING BASEBALL NOW ? THEY SHOULD, WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS SURE NOT PLAYING HOCKEY !

“BOSTON SUCKS” ,”PHILLY SUCKS”, FILL IN BLANK “———– SUCKS” IS A NY THING ! VERY “CLASSY” OR IS IT “CLASSLESS” ?
YOU DECIDE !

YOU CAN TAKE A PEAK AT THOSE “WORLD SERIES CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES” BALL GIRLS, NOBODY WILL KNOW !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

HEY DUDE

YOU DECIDE !

No need for me to check out ‘Ballgirls’. My girl is the best out there..so i won’t waste my time on that. I guess having ‘Ballgirls’ is another way to bring ‘Fans’ to the ballpark. Here in NY we don’t need that. Here it’s just baseball..and only baseball. Now as for the Rangers..last i checked there’s 21 games left. Last i checked your Flyers are only a few points ahead of the Rangers. Where i’m from that tells me it’s far from over. You keep on getting pumped in February ok..lol. now back to baseball. You guys won it all last year, with Lidge being perfect all year. You had a top 5 bullpen in MLB. I know Utley was hurt, but your bats got it done all year. And with all that you only finished only 3 games ahead of a Met team who lost their closer. Had one of the worst bullpens in baseball..blowing games left and right. Lost John Maine for the last month and we were only 3 back. Just think about that Phillies dude..at our worst we were ONLY 3 out. The Mets are taking over in 09..believe it !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

I’M NOT A FLYERS FAN!

HOCKEY IS FOR KNUCKLE DRAGGERS !

AS YOU ADMIT, THE METS WERENT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN !

YOU SAID TANYA WAS HOTTER THAN GALS FROM PHILLY ! YOU CAN TAKE A LOOK AT THE PHILLIES BALLGIRLS AND JUDGE FOR YOURSELF.

I GUESS YOU RATHER LOOK AT THOSE OLD FAT GUYS AT MET GAMES !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

I’M NOT A FLYERS FAN!

HOCKEY IS FOR KNUCKLE DRAGGERS !

AS YOU ADMIT, THE METS WERENT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN !

I GUESS YOU RATHER LOOK AT THOSE OLD FAT GUYS AT MET GAMES !

Phillie Dude..you are really funny. Ok the fat old dudes are in SF working for the Giants. That’s not the case here in NY, just like you guys have bat boys..we have bat boys too. But we also have ball boys. Not that i care..being that i’m at a Mets game for humm..let’s see Baseball ! Wow there’s an idea that you Phillies fans should try. Dude you know i’m right when i say that at our worst we only were beat by 3 games. 3 GAMES !! You know deep in your soul..that the Mets are taking the East this year. We both know it. But you keep on having your fun ok. Like i said 1 and done…lol.

NYR NYM 4 LIFE

DUDE;

BALL BOYS ?

I HOPE YOUR NOT HOMOSEXUAL PETAFILE ?

ALL THE METS HAD TO DO LAST YEARWAS TO WIN 1 MORE GAME AND THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. THEY COULDENT DO THAT ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SEASON ! A GREAT FAREWELL FOR SHEA STADIUM !

IF WANT TO BE A NY METS PLAYER FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW;

1. TAKE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR THROAT !

2. TAKE YOUR LEFT HAND AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR THROAT !

3. NOW SQEEZE HARD !

IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU DO THIS ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MLB SEASON !

NYR NYM 4 LIFE

DUDE;

BALL BOYS ?

I HOPE YOUR NOT HOMOSEXUAL PETAFILE ?

IF WANT TO BE A NY METS PLAYER FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW;

1. TAKE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR THROAT !

2. TAKE YOUR LEFT HAND AND PUT IT AROUND YOUR THROAT !

3. NOW SQEEZE HARD !

IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU DO THIS ON THE LAST DAY OF THE MLB SEASON !

Typical response from a Phillies fan. Very Roper Room of you. I’m not going to waste my time with such nonsence. I’m just telling you what we have here at Citi Field. Dude i’m crazy in love with my girl..so that’s that. As for 2009 we’ll see who chokes when all said and done. I know it wont be the Mets. So like i keep on telling you..deep inside you go to bed knowing the Mets are better then your Phillies. In 09 K-Rod and Putz will put your team to sleep. Get Ready ! Here we come !

Oh and one more thing. Yes the Phillies are the World champs, i tip my cap to them. But man you for a fan of a team that has won only 2
Championships in well over 100 years..Man do you sound just like a typical Yankees fan. Wow the Phillies are the greatest team in all of sports..lmfao! I’ve said enough here i’ll let my Mets do the talking for me. You’ll soon shut up along with Colbert and the rest of your Phillies..Play Ball ! Lets go Mets !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

DON’T GET TO EXCITED IF THE METS GET OFF TO A GOOD START.

IF YOU REMEMBER IN 07 THE METS STARTED 11-5, THE PHILLIES
STARTED 4-11 . AT THE END OF THE SEASON THE METS WENT 4-11,
THE PHILLIES WENT 11-4 TO WIN THE EAST AS THE METS “CHOKED”!

BY THE WAY TOM GORDEN, ALFREDO FONSECA, AND JOSE MESA WERE THE BULLPEN IN 07. ALL NOW OUT OF MLB.

LETS SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN SEPTEMBER AND IF OR WHEN THE METS CHOKE AGAIN !

REMEMBER, ITS ONLY A GAME, NOT LIFE OR DEATH !

IF YOU GO TO PHILLY GET YOUR CHEESESTEAKS AT GINO’S (NOT PAT’S) ON PASSEYUNK AVE ( EAST OFF BROAD). ITS “ROCKY AND ADRIAN’S” OLD NEIGHBORHOOD !

GOOD LUCK !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

DON’T GET TO EXCITED IF THE METS GET OFF TO A GOOD START.

IF YOU REMEMBER IN 07 THE METS STARTED 11-5, THE PHILLIES
STARTED 4-11 . AT THE END OF THE SEASON THE METS WENT 4-11,
THE PHILLIES WENT 11-4 TO WIN THE EAST AS THE METS “CHOKED”!

LETS SEE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE IN SEPTEMBER AND IF OR WHEN THE METS CHOKE AGAIN !

REMEMBER, ITS ONLY A GAME, NOT LIFE OR DEATH !

GOOD LUCK !

We’ll see what happens Phillies dude. You Feel good about your Phillies and i feel good about my Mets. We’ll see who’s playing in October, Heck it just might be both teams in the playoffs. we’ll just see how it plays out. Good Luck in 09..Remember Mets are coming after your Phils. and we’re taking what you have. Play Ball and Lets Go Mets !! Oh and when i go to Philly to see the Mets win. I’ll look for you so you can buy me victory meal..lol.

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

I DON’T LIVE IN PHILLY. I AM CLOSER TO NEW YORK IN NEW JERSEY. I WENT TO 1 GAME LAST YEAR WITH MY WIFE ( RED SOX ) HAMMELS BEAT THEM. SHE WANTED TO SEE THE NEW PARK. WE MET THE “PHILLIES BALL GIRLS” THAT NIGHT. I ALSO WENT TO 2 GAMES ( FREE BEE’S ) ON PHILLIES ALUMNI WEEKEND (RETIRED ROBIN ROBERTS NUMBER 36) WITH A FORMER PHILADELPHIA A’s PLAYER/MGR AND GOOD FRIEND. I DROVE HIM UP TO COOPERSTOWN (HALL OF FAME) EARLIER IN THE WEEK WHERE HE WAS INTERVIEWED AS PART OF THERE “LEGENDS SERIES”.

I SEE ALMOST ALL PHILLIES GAMES IN HI-DEF ON SATELITE MLB XTRA INNINGS TV. ITS HARD TO GET MOTIVATED TO GO (1.5 HOURS EACH WAY) TO A GAME WITH THIS SET-UP SO I DOUBT YOU WILL SEE ME AT A PHILLIE GAME UNLESS ITS A SPECIAL EVENT THAT MY FRIEND IS INVITED TOO.

TRY THOSE GENO STEAKS, THERE GREAT !

REMEMBER, ITS ONLY A GAME !

NYR NYM 4 EVER

DUDE;

TRY THOSE GENO STEAKS, THERE GREAT !

REMEMBER, ITS ONLY A GAME !

prowe

how can you say chase is cocky? he is the most self-less person in baseball, and works harder than anybody. Why did he say world fucking champs? because it’s true, and it was a great display of pure emotion, i bet if the cocky mets won the world series there would be a few more curses flying around. Chase is one of the best players in the game, never speaks a word about himslef, and never makes excuses

prowe