An Error?

By / April 21, 2009 / Uncategorized

I know I’m not the only one to have noticed the Mets were wearing the home jersey’s tonight against the St. Louis Cardinals. What I want to know is why? Who goofed?

One answer was “Lost luggage”. I have to say I was rather amused by it.

Alan Lerner, thanks my friend, provided this link to NY Future Stars where it was discussed by a couple of people. It seems like the Mets got rid of the black away jersey’s.

Now I don’t think the Mets got rid of it. I think there was just a slip up somewhere. It just seemed weird to see that.

Some have made many arguments to get rid of the black jersey’s altogether. Fans have spoken about the Mets just sticking with the grey away jersey’s, the white pinstripe and plain white uniforms when they play at home.

The Mets have gone through uniform changes just like any other team. Remember the ultra tight uniforms of the 80’s with the blue and orange stipes on the sleeves. To all the women who watch the sport for the men, I’m sure they loved it. How did those guys play in those?

Out of all the uniforms the Mets have had, the black seems to be the least popular one.

Personally, I like the black jersey’s. At the same time, I’m all for tradition. Tradition dictates you stick with the grey, pinstripe, and plain white uniforms. I would not mind getting rid of the plain white uni’s either.

What do you think?

…with the blue caps. Those blue caps with the road greys that they wore for one game at Yankee Stadium last year sure looked great.

I would have no problem if the Mets got rid of the home and away black jerseys. I would not mind if they ditch the black caps too. The Blue and Black/Blue caps work for me. As for the jerseys well the Pinstripe and Snow White are flawless. I’d even like it if the Mets were to wear throwback jerseys like the 69 or 86 styles every so often.

Enough with living in the past. Keep what you have now. Stop asking for them to wear throwbacks already.

Mets fans make me laugh. You all want the Mets to stop living in the past, yet you keep asking for the past to be brought back. Make up your minds.

Alan

they only wore the grey once last year? shows how much i paid attention…
lol..

then they should stop selling those jerseys in the club stores, lol…. i have been tempted to get one. lol

I have a white pinstripe jersey. I love it. I wouldn’t mind having a grey jersey.

Alan, I think they only wore the blue caps with the grey’s once. But they wore the grey jersey’s more than once last year.

Alan

they only wore the grey once last year? shows how much i paid attention…
lol..

Ahhh…Those Gray uni’s with the blue caps..now that is a classy uniform. Kind of a semi retro 69 look..but with the black shadow it gives it a current look. That should be the ONLY road jersey they wear.