Still Want Jerry Fired? Fools!

By / May 3, 2009 / Uncategorized

That’s right! I’m talking to all of you who have been screaming for Jerry Manuel’s job. Learn to stand behind your people. He knows what he’s doing.

In an interesting development shared by the Daily News this morning, if Manuel had his way, Oliver Perez would’ve been pulled a long time ago.

So what has stopped him from doing so? What else? The New York Mets front office.

Apparently, GM Omar Minaya wanted Manuel to give Perez every opportunity to right himself.

How did that work out for ya, Minaya?

From where I stand, not very well! What a genius!

Whatever happened to the days where the manager actually made the calls on the players? Minaya should not interfere with what Manuel thinks should be done with the players.

Yet, even Minaya has a breaking point.

With the Mets having the day off thanks to the game being cancelled due to rain (thank God because I surely cannot stand another minute watching the Mets bomb again), Minaya will surely being making a call to Perez to let him know his fate.

I better hear Perez is on his way to the minors. I dare say if not, I will start a rally, either in front of the SNY studios or Citi Field itself, filled with Mets fans voicing their displeasure and demanding for a change.

Please don’t make me do it Minaya. I don’t want to cause you to lose your job. It’s a tough economy, even for a baseball GM!

Perez knows he sucks right now. He is aware he is failing his team. He admitted as much when he said:

I’m not doing anything for my team, and that’s not easy right now.

NO KIDDING SHERLOCK!

Somebody give him a medal for coming to the most obvious conclusion since the season began…actually since his signing.

I am really at my wit’s end with Minaya. I cannot help but place the blame on him for the signing of this colossal twit.

Go ahead Mets fans! Keep crying over not signing Derek Lowe. I’m right there with you.

Owners and GM’s always trying to over rule Managers. Need proof just look at the DVD ‘The Bronx is Burning’ and look at how George Steinbrenner did just that on Manager Billy Martin. Now i by no means will ever be a Yankee fan, but watching this movie really gave me a look at all the behind the scenes look. Minaya and i’m guessing Jeff Wilpon are playing the roll of Steinbrenner. I understand why Minaya did what he did, after all it’s only 36 million right ?! But at the same time Minaya is not in the clubhouse everyday…but Manuel is and he feels the pulse of his team. If he knows a player like Perez is off his game Minaya should let him do his job. Let Perez go to AAA Buffalo get his game back and whatever Manuel thinks is best for the Mets..Minaya needs to let him do it.

THANK YOU!!! I’m not saying to get rid of Perez altogether (although that’s not a bad idea either), but just let him go down and get his mechanics straightened out.

Tanya, I disagree on a lot of your points. First, I can’t kill Perez for saying the truth. He stinks! No one will argue that. But, you can’t kill him for admitting him, what is he suppose to say? If he would have said, well, I think I need to work on things, people would have killed him. Second, it is unfair to evaulate a deal one month after it happened. The deals are worth 3 and 4 years for Perez and Lowe respectfully. We will not know which deal was better until at least year 3. Thirdly, Jerry Manual is not, yes I am saying this, is not a good manager. I am sorry. I know he is a nice man and I know he is good interview. But, he isn’t a good game manager. Why is it now, that when a lefty hitter comes up, we have to bring Pedro Feliciano into the game? I just don’t understand it. Feliciano has made over 100 appearance in the last 135 games the mets have played in. The other teams, know what he is going to throw. He is going to throw that bugs bunny swurve. And, lefties know it! When a team loses games late consistently, it is because of poor coaching. I believe that with all my heart. Instead of making the media smile, why don’t we work on base running. The mets have had 6 guys thrown out at the plate already. Why? Poor base running. Not sliding at home, not taking the correct paths to each base. If I were running the team, I would let Jerry go. I would then, call the Angels and inquire about someone, anyone on their staff. Even in the minors, Because that organization knows something about fundamentals, player development, and guts!

Nilvio, you are obsessed with Perez. The guy is awful. I’m not judging him based on one month. Try his whole career with the Mets. This was a bad signing. Plain and simple. People cannot blame Manuel on this one.

There is precedent here for the AAA move for Perez. In 2001, Steve Trachsel was 1-6 with an 8.24 ERA when he accepted a minor league assignment. After being recalled, he went 10-7 with a 3.35 ERA. Ollie should realize that he has a better chance to turn his season around by going to the minors, away from the media spotlight that will hound him here with every bad start he makes.

If Jerry goes..and i’ll admit he does make some moves that’ll make me scratch my head. Bring back Bobby V, he took both 99 and 2000 Mets teams that we all know are not as good as the current Mets team. Could it be Minaya dropped the ball by bringing back Manuel and not Valentine ?

I think the Mets should do whatever it takes after the season to get Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan. This guy is the best in MLB. Duncan would get turn Perez into Santana lite.