Say It To My Face

By / June 13, 2009 / Uncategorized

Those were pretty much the words expressed by Francisco Rodriguez today after the Mets and Yankees game when a reporter told him what Yankees relief pitcher, Brian Bruney said about him.

In case you missed it, here it is:

[It] couldn’t have happened to a better guy on the mound, either.

He’s got a tired act. … He gets what he deserves, man. I just don’t like watching the guy pitch. I think it’s embarrassing.

That was regarding last night’s debacle. Apparently, Junior has a problem with Rodriguez and his celebrations. My message to Junior, when you are among the greatest closers, you can do anything you want. When you actually accomplish something, then you can talk.

Rodriguez responded with some fighting words:

Instead of sending a message in the paper, next time when he sees me at Citi Field, come up to me and say it.

Don’t be sending a message to the media. I don’t even know who that guy is, somewhere in Double-A and not even pitching one full season.

He’d better keep his mouth shut and do his job, and not worry about somebody else.

You and me both, papa.

To clear something up, Bruney is on the disabled list and is in Double A Trenton rehabbing. Talk about hiding.

Let me say this. I am from the Bronx. We are not ones to hide from saying something to someone. You got something to say, you be a man and say it to the person’s face.

Junior over in the Bronx is a coward. He used the media. Rodriguez called him on it too.

The challenge has been laid out. Will Junior accept? Highly doubt it! It’s easy to talk when you do not have to face the team. I’m sure he would not do so much talking if he had to actually deal Rodriguez and the Mets.

To prove he is the smallest of men, Junior has chosen to hide. Here is his response:

But I’m not going to start a media war with K-Rod. Apparently the guy doesn’t know who I am, so it does me no good to talk about him.

Bruney tries to make himself look like a big man. Instead he just came out looking like a big jerk.

Nobody knows who you are small fry. Just stick with trying to get better. You are overmatched here.

efrain

wooooooo. iam as pumped up to read your blog as i was to hear the mans comments k rod after the game. i started screaming in my house yes i got that pumped up. who is bruney? forget about being a top closer in the league when u become a top setup man then we talk. u piece of crap. if bruney became a met he would maybe pitch the 6th inning here. maybe. we see your punk a– in 2 weeks if u have the jewels to show up at citi field. a real ball park not my elementary school yard u call yankee stadium. u overglorified bums

efrain

Brian Bruney flapping his gums?!? Why ? Like K-Rod said ‘Who’s Brian Bruney?’. K-Rod has earned the right to act the way he acts after getting a save. He does have a ring and has been one of the top closers in baseball. I also think 62 saves for the MLB record speaks for itself too. What has Bruney done ? How many rings does Bruney have ? Your answer to both questions is NOTHING ! As Tanya says ‘Junior know your place rook’. just shut your mouth and help your dopey ballclub. You’ll never be one third of what K-Rod is !

This story is so amusing…lol. Brian Bruney ??? Who is this Ham and Egger ?? I’m sure outside of the Yankees clubhouse no one knows who he is.lmao….When the Yankees come to Citi Field cue the circus music for Junior and his teammates cause they are CLOWNS ! How much does anyone wanna bet that ‘junior’ does not even approach K-Rod when the Yanks come to Citi Field !

I like to ask ‘Junior’ a question..If you think K-Rod’s act is getting tired then what’s your feelings on your teammate Joba Chamberlin’s fist pumping antics ? I’d say his act is getting tired ! just a thought.

efrain

“junior” i love it. it is funny he is tired of k rods act of celebrating when he saves a game but not tired of driving while intoxicated joba fist pump and scream off the mound when he is actually trailing in a game!!!!!

Great stuff Tanya!! Couldn’t agree more. Even, Colbert said that what Frankie does is fine. Because, like so many people with common sense knows that Frankie does that when the game is OVER. Not in the 8th inning, not when it is a tied game, not even when he thinks the third out will be recorded. He does it when, the game is over! So no one should have a problem with it. That means that we should have a problem with the Derek Jeter pump fist. And we don’t. Bruney, just pitch. Don’t put your foot in your mouth.
“Junior”, that is awesome!

Thanks Nilvio. Nobody can complain about Rodriguez. Like you said, he does it when the game is over. Joba does it after getting an out and the game was not over yet. Even Mike Francesca said Joba needs to knock it off.