Ditching The Pinstripe Jersey’s

By / July 2, 2009 / Uncategorized

It seems the Mets still cannot get it right. I was speaking with someone at one of the Mets stores and was told the Mets are contemplating getting rid of the white pinstripe jersey’s.

Really? No shocker there. The Mets insist on being the black sheep in baseball, for whatever reason.

For years it was rumored to happen at some point. Well it looks like it is getting closer to happening.

They do not seem to get Mets fans love the pinstripe jersey’s. I am about to have two. Then again, if the Mets really understood their fans, ticket prices would be lower and Citi Field would be more like Mets Field having more Mets memorabilia.

If this happens, they will have the plain white jersey’s and the black home jersey’s to wear at Citi Field. Then the grey and black away jersey’s.

The decision is not definite. It is something being talked about. So let’s see what happens. I hope this does not happen.

Jessica

I loooooove the white pinstripe jerseys!
Why would they even think of getting rid of them?!

Alan

they better not….. the pinstripes are great….love them..

and they need to wear the blue hat when wearing the road grey…. i will wear that in philly saturday

Jessica, the Mets are always doing something that make you scratch your head. This is no different.

Alan, I don’t know why they wear the black hat with the blue brim. I never really notice the hats. I only notice the jersey’s.

Alan

they better not….. the pinstripes are great….love them..

efrain rivera

what? is this against keith hernandez? HE IS ALWAYS SAYING HOW MUCH HE LOVES THOSE ALL THE TIME. I GUESS ITS THE SAME ORGANIZATION THAT DOES NOT HAVE MUCH AT CITI DISPLAYING OUR HISTORY. I WONDER AT TIMES IF FREDDY WANTS TO FORGET ABOUT THE GOODTIMES

efrain rivera

This is just the latest of what seems like a zillion things the Mets do to ignore their history. How bout getting rid of the black jerseys Mr.Wilpon ! Geeez this team really has no clue. Pleeeeease sell the Mets to someone who cares about Mets history as well as the current team Mr.Wilpon !

Once Upon A Time

Gotta say, never liked those pinstripe unis one bit. Mets are going in the right direction, using black with blue and orange is a nice balance, and ditching the pinstripes. Finally.

Once Upon A Time