A Bad Day Is Coming

By / July 5, 2009 / Injuries

It has finally happened, or at least it will be happening soon. Oliver Perez is set to return to the Mets.

Scouts who went down to see Perez pitch in his last rehab start have said he has gained sufficient arm strength and control of his pitches. He has been given the green light to return to the starting rotation.

Sufficient? Are they kidding me? Perez and the word “sufficient” should not go in the same sentence together. When it comes to this guy, I want to hear “superb arm strength and control” before I am told he is coming.

Sufficient? Estan loco?

Not sure if this helps to bring comfort, but to make room for Perez in the rotation, the Mets are demoting Tim Redding by placing him to the bullpen effective immediately.

Perez will be making his first appearance since going on the disabled list this Wednesday against the LA Dodgers. Lucky me! I get to see him pitch. Ugh!

Jerry Manuel had some things to say about Perez in the New York Post:

Ollie is not a command guy, so to speak. He’s a guy that has control, but not necessarily command.

I think what I’m hoping for is knowing Ollie — being somewhat of a performer — likes the stage, likes the big games, so to speak. I’m hoping that what he did down there, the main thing is that he was healthy so when he comes here, he’s able to take it to another level.

With all due respect, Jerry, clowns like the big stage too and they are amongst the biggest performers there are in the circus. Oh wait! Perez will fit right in. After all, the Mets have become nothing short of a three ring circus at this point anyway. So what is one more cracker jack?

Let’s just hope Perez is what he is getting paid to be: a $36 million pitcher.

Ollie.P does drive me crazy with his wildness. But if he’s right he’ll be a major upgrade over Tim Redding. Think about it. Redding at his best is a #4 pitcher. Ollie at his best can be a #2 of course asking Ollie to be at his best is like asking Phony Bernazard to be honest and true. Let’s hope for a solid 6 innings from Ollie on wednesday.

efrain rivera

good stuff. i feel better. but honestly it sad state of affairs for the mets when a 5 inning performance is good enough to bring him up. shows u what they feel about redding and lighting in a bottle fernado nieve. if we are looking for salvation from ollie then lets all go to our place of worship and pray pray pray!!!!!

bozo

whoever wrote this is a fuckin clown. ollie is a pimp, you know nothing about baseball

Angela

Agree that Perez is not consistent, and he is not reliable, but then again, none of the Mets is at this point.
We keep waiting for a miracle. It just seems impossible the way this team has fallen apart. What is it?…It is just a nightmare.
What happened to Wright?…Just saw him on Good Morning America claiming
that he will hit a Grand Slam at the All-Star Game. Is he kidding me???

We, the Mets fans are waiting for a MIRACLE. I personally have waited my entire life. Saw it happen in 69 and 86.

By the way…I JUST CAN’T DESCRIBE IN WORDS MY HATRED FOR THE YANKEES.

Angela

What happened to Wright?…Just saw him on Good Morning America claiming
that he will hit a Grand Slam at the All-Star Game. Is he kidding me???

By the way…I JUST CAN’T DESCRIBE IN WORDS MY HATRED FOR THE YANKEES.

efrain rivera

whoever thinks that ollie is a pimp and would insult someone like this is either a yankee fan or a clown and dont know a thing about baseball but i guess all three would make u a clown who for sure knows sh.. about baseball and should keep their stupid ass comments to themselves. go join the circus clown!!!!

efrain rivera

Quote: “Whoever wrote this is a [expletive deleted] clown”.

Well, Bozo wrote that, so I guess he’s calling himself a clown.

I’m hoping the move to have Ollie face the Dodgers doesn’t backfire. I don’t know if the Mets are doing this because he USED TO be able to defeat upper-echelon teams. If so, perhaps they should have waited until the team wasn’t in the throes of an eight losses in ten games streak. I’m rooting for Ollie as a Mets fan, but beware if he starts a Dodger conga line with all his walks.

Quote: “Whoever wrote this is a [expletive deleted] clown”.

Well, Bozo wrote that, so I guess he’s calling himself a clown.

efrain rivera

one last thing for bozo. someone with class allowed your post to be visible. why? cause someone with class allows a bozo like u to speak your opinion as valueless as it is. good sign of class tm and bozo big top is accepting applications.

efrain rivera