Beltran Being Given His Options

By / July 20, 2011 / 2011 Season

The Mets have already handed Carlos Beltran a list of teams he could possibly go to before the trade deadline, this according to Jeff Passan over at Yahoo! Sports.

Among the teams are the Philadelphia Phillies who do have prospects GM Sandy Alderson could find interesting. Others are the Boston Red Sox, San Francisco Giants and New York Yankees.

I would hate to see him in a Phillies or Yankees uniform. Personally, I would rather see him go to the Red Sox. If he were smart, he would take the trade there because he would be extending his career and they are in first place. They also have Carl Crawford. Can you imagine those two together in a line-up?

The article made mention of the Milwaukee Brewers, but we have yet to know what players we are getting from them for Francisco Rodriguez. So I say, to hell with them. I want players now.

So the days of Beltran remaining a Met uniform are numbered. I need to get to some games before he does leave.

Paul

I don’t care where Beltran ends up; I just want to see the Mets get a player or players who can help them in 2012 and beyond.

Paul hopefully he goes where he is needed so we could get the most for him. Unfortunately, the Mets will still have to pay a big portion of what is still owed to him.

spydey129

Agree that he should take this chance to go to the Red Sox. We can get good prospects back in return.

Check out our website at cinesportstalk.com

Spydey129 the Sox line-up with Beltran in it can definitely keep the Yankees at bay. They’ll go all the way to the World Series which should definitely be enticing for him.

spydey129

Check out our website at cinesportstalk.com

kuby2u

I can’t stand the thought of losing Beltran. I agree though, becoming a Red Sock would be the most tolerable.

Joey Torres

Let him go to Philly as long as they give us Dominic Brown and another high level prospect. Beltran WILL leave them after the season anyway and the Mets have Brown’s power bat to destroy his former team for yers to come. Do it Mets !

fieldofthecitypatti

The Mets won’t get anyone as good as Carlos. They are better off resigning him. The drop in RBIs will be drastic. Big mistake! He has a few good years left in him!!!!

fieldofthecitypatti